Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4, 2009 - Dunk Tank

Daeng and I headed to the Mission Viejo Street Faire around 3:00 PM to help our friends Tom Riehl and Catrina with the Dunk Tank.
This is an annual event at the Mission Viejo Street Faire on Independence Day each year. All the proceeds go to the American Cancer Association.

When we arrived it was a warm and sunny day. There seemed to be something for everyone, train rides, food, music, shops and the DUNK TANK.

People were lined up so they could throw balls to dunk the folks that took turns in the dunk tank. I noticed from the roster that our friend Tom was going to be in the dunk tank from 6:00 - 6:30 PM right after the ice cream eating contest. I made a note to save my money so I could dunk Tom.

The day went fast as there was good music of all types. The bands and singers would perform for about and hour and then another group would take over.
At 5:30 PM Daeng, Catrina, Tom and I set up the plastic for the ice cream eating contest. Three teams of two people each made sundaes and feed them to each other blind folded. It was messy but fun to watch.

Then it was time for Tom to take his place in the dunk tank. I was lucky to get a picture of Tom on his way down for the first dunk. Check out the expression on his face.

I also was able to dunk Tom three times out of ten throws. Pretty good for an old guy.

We shut down the dunk tank when it was starting to get dark.
We hung around to watch the fire works.

It was a pleasant day! Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment