Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another Funny Friday Night

Being exhausted from working for the last 13 days without a day off due to the high temperatures here in Sunny Southern California, I dragged myself to the old "thrift store" comedy show.

I had gotten an email earlier in the day that the scheduled emcee was not going to make it. What the hell, I'll just emcee the show as it's ALL GIRLS NIGHT with some really funny ladies.


At show time, 9:30 PM, none of the comediennes were at the show yet. We waited until about 9:40 PM and said to myself: "Start the show by yourself. You can do 30 minutes just talking about your life."

I opened the show telling everyone what funny ladies were on their way, just stuck in LA traffic. I then started talking about my life beginning with conception. Yes, I remember it well. March 27th, 1941 in the Syracuse Hotel in Syracuse, New York.
It was a warm, dark, wet day. My Mother says it was chilly but the sun was shining. It was pretty dark, hot and moist where I was.

In the next 20 minutes I got up to my age eight when Debbie Lockhart, Janine Hayes and Jan Davidson came in.

Debbie took over the mic and got the audience really laughing with her hand shadow puppets and her kick ass way of talking with the audience.



Jan Davidson took the place over with her funny wit.




Then, my friend, Janine Hayes, kept the place in laughter until Grace Fraga took over and added even more laughter.









I am really lucky to have funny friends that so freely give of themselves to make other people laugh.

Thank you to everyone that makes this show such a great place to unwind and laugh.

Check out our show web page "Thrift Store" at http://www.funnyplumber.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment