Monday, October 18, 2010

My Fall in Church

Now with the title of "My Fall in Church" you would think of something spiritual.

Nope, I fell down the flight of stairs while leaving the Church after Sunday Service, yesterday.

I was wearing black, smooth, dress up socks and as I came down the stairs, after a little picture taking, I slipped and fell.

Remember, in Thailand you take your shoes off before you enter a building.

I didn't think I was hurt after I walked a little.

One sore butt cheek and my two toes on my right foot were a little sore.

This morning I noticed two of my toes were black and blue. Daeng insisted I go to the KASEMRAD Hospital Clinic.

We hopped on the motorbike and arrived around 9:05 AM. We signed in. I had been there before so it was easy. All I had to do was give them my name as they have everything on computer.
They told us the Doctor would be in about 10:00 AM so we walked across the street and ate.

I had a Chinese, yellow noodle, fish soup. They laughed at me as Thais eat noodles with chop-sticks. I ate them with a fork and spoon, Italian style, rolling the noodles up on the fork.

Back to the hospital clinic at 10:00 and waited only about five minutes before we saw the Doctor. He spoke English and told me he didn't think it was broken but if I could afford it he would like to take x-rays.

I said: "Yes, Good!" We went to the X-ray Department in the next office, took the two X-rays, waited about five minutes, went back into the office the Doctor was in and looked at the X-rays together.

There were no breaks of fractures. He prescribed some Nimesulide and Danzen for pain and swelling that we picked up at the front desk.

It was 10:37 AM as we paid the total bill for the drugs, Doctor, X-rays and hospital clinic. The total was 630 Thai Baht ($21,00 USD).

All done in one hour and thirty-two minutes, including breakfast.

Hell, that is a lot better than Obama Care! Wake up America!

No comments:

Post a Comment