Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Day in Paradise - Thailand

Woke up around 5:00 AM, put on some clothes and stopped by the 7-11 on "Walking Street" , around the corner from our hotel.


Since it is 5:00 in the morning the bars are closed and street is now open for car traffic. There are still a few folks partying and hanging out on the curb making music. It was nothing like the video above at this time of the morning .

I took my coffee and made my way to the internet that I use across the street from our hotel. The grave yard worker at the internet cafe, "Tucky", greeted me with the a nice clear: "Welcome Back!". She speaks and reads English extremely well.

Many of the Thai girls that use this internet cafe, "Explorer Internet Cafe" to email and call their farang boyfriends in other countries.
"Tucky" is always spelling English words for them.

She also helped me change the language from Thai to English on the "Picasa 3" download for the picture I put on the stories. When the download is done it is in the language of the IP address and then you have to change it. I don't read Thai so it is a little challenge to change it.

"Tucky" was a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment