Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stay away from doctors as they will make you sick! 09-01-2010

I feel great but about six weeks ago, one afternoon, I felt a little light headed. As I was brushing my teeth before taking a little nap, I put my hands on the bathroom sink and my head on my hands.

The next thing I knew I was sitting on the floor.

That scared me a little so a few days later I went to see Doctor James Sharkoff.

Before I go on with my story, let me say that I have been very impressed with the “Pueblo Medical Center” that Doctor James and his Dad have been running for many years.

What impresses me is they treat the patient first and then ask if they have any insurance or if they can pay. Most doctors want to know how you are going to pay before they treat you.

They are located at 8045 Cerritos Avenue, Stanton, California 90680. Their telephone number is 714-828-2444. If you need anything to do with medical care go see him. His office is open for “Walk-in” Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.

Well, during that visit Doctor James told me the EKG he did at that time looked okay he referred me to a Cardiologist, Doctor Devaraj. I called his office and made the first appointment I could for about a month later.

Last week I went to see Doctor Devaraj and we made an appointment for September 1st to do a “Treadmill Stress Test” where they hook you all up with wires and put you on the treadmill.

We arrived about 4:00 PM and did an Echo Cardiogram. Then they hooked me up to the machine and put me on the treadmill. I walked faster and faster until my heart rate came up over 140 beats for minute and then we stopped.

I could tell something was not right as the lady that was with the doctor got very anxious. After a few minutes of checking my heart rate and watching the monitor the Doctor told me that part of my heart was still going very fast. He used the words “Irregular Heart Rhythm”.

He then explained that part of my heart was slowing down but the other part was still going very fast. He also said that unless my heart leveled off he would have to take me next door to the “Emergency Room” at the hospital and treat me with intervenes drugs.

I told him I felt fine, just the way I always feel and he said that was his worry. This may be the reason for my “Passing Out” a few weeks ago.

I sat in the chair and we did all kinds of things like coughing hard and taking a deep breath then pushing like I was trying to go to the toilet. Nothing changed the rapid heart rate of the lower part of my heart.

I felt okay but after sitting in the chair for over an hour and trying the many things as described above I was put into a wheel chair and wheeled down in the elevator and next door to Anaheim General Hospital Emergency Room.

What made me realize that something was really wrong was Doctor Devaraj stayed with me ALL THE TIME including the walk; well I rode, to the hospital.

They hooked me up to a heart monitor again and watched. My blood pressure was very good but part of my heart was still going very fast.

They took a lot of blood samples. Then they started giving me drugs through a needle stuck in my arm as well as orally and a shot in my side.

To cut this story short, after about two hours my heart rate leveled out and the doctor told me he would allow me to go home if I promised to come back and see him at 5:00 PM tomorrow.

They monitored me for over an hour more and then unhooked me and let me go home. It really scarred me and I’ll be very interested in what the Doctor tells me when I return to see him today at 5:00 PM.

I am going to take it a little easier today without climbing into attics, etc.!

Stay away from Doctors as they will make you sick


OR
will they save your life.

More will be revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment