Sunday, March 17, 2013

Church & Birthday

Sunday was a very relaxed day.  We started off with coffee and Pa Thong Ko, Thai version of the American donut, at the Mae Sai morning market.

After a shower at home we dressed for church at Rev. Sunit's Church.  Today is also his birthday and his wife's is tomorrow. 

It was a nice service with a type of election for the person to take care of the money matters as well as care of the church, I think.  I still only understand a small amount of the Thai language.

At the end of the service, after wishing the birthday pair much happiness, the congregation voted for one of the four nominated.  Peter, our friend in the stripped shirt won by a land slide.  I did not vote but I think that was a good choice as he runs a large, established, furniture store here in Mae Sai.

After the service we all eat together and I sang "Happy Birthday" to the birthday folks.  Everyone laughed at me, which was a good thing.

Daeng's sister-in-law, Hlong did a lot of the cooling so the noodle soap dish was very tasty. 

It was also great to to see Pastor Lota.  He is looking good and doing well.  He has been spending his time at ChildLife and the new church school in Burma.  You can read a story about visiting that church by CLICKING HERE.

In the afternoon, I took a nap and Daeng went to the Temple Sauna.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment