Monday, April 6, 2009

04-05-09 Church in Mae Sai, Thailand

I just wanted to add to yesterdays blog my visit to the Rev. Sunit's temporary Church in Mae Sai, Thailand. I don't consider myself as a religious person although I do have some spiritual beliefs. If you don't think that there are powers greater than yourself, the next time you are at the beach, try to stop a wave.

One of the things that I have noticed over the last 67 years is that children that are taught in religious ways tend to be better citizens. Whenever I see kids at Church, or Temples, or what ever name you use for the gathering of people to worship, it also makes me fell good.

Yesterday, after Daeng went to work at her Som-Tom Papaya stand, I got dresses and walked about a mile over to the home that Rev. Sunit had moved into this week. He was going to try and use it as the temporary church, as well.
As I walked up the road I could hear the sound of people singing. When I got the rest of the way up the road the building was full and people siting and standing outside the church, too.
Kids from Ban Nana, "Childlife", were there, also. If you would like to learn more about "Childlife" here is a link to the video: "Fences Between Us!" .

It was nice to see Daeng's Mother there, also. She is the lady in yellow.

Both Daeng and I want to wish the Rev. Sunit, his family and the congregation the very best with their new home even if it is temporary.





No comments:

Post a Comment