Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cruz Evaristo Vetasquez, Jr. 08-25-36 to 10-15-09‏


Greetings from the Myanmar (Burma) Border in Thailand,

The American Embassy, in the Philippines, called me about 6:15 this morning, our time, to inform us that our friend, Cruz, passed away on Thursdays, October 15th, due to a heart attack.

He had recovered enough from his leg infection to travel and was scheduled to return to the United States on Friday the 16th. He passed away from heart failure on Thursday, the day before his flight.

If you know of his family, please have them call the US Embassy. Unless the American Embassy can find Cruz's family his remains will stay in the Philippines.

We will always remember Cruz. Personally, I am thankful for his guidance, regardless of how strange it was at the time, as without him I would not have met Daeng or be where I am today, in the "Land of Smiles".

Daeng stated to me that Cruz probably died where he wished.
Love to all,
Terry & Daeng

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad to hear of Cruz's passing-I will always remember how, when he shared, he would do a 'recap' of the steps-also, how he shared about his 1st 4th step and sharing his 5th with a drunk guy! I am glad I got to be a part of his NA family, we have experienced some losses this year, our good friend Dennis will be there to greet Cruz on the other side. H&I George is getting the party together for us all!! Terry and Daeng, stay happy and safe and we will see you in Dec!
    Love and hugs to you both! Peg P :)

    ReplyDelete