Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday is for Church?

Although I don't consider myself religious I have been known to go to church once in a while.

We got up and did our morning walk, came back to room, showered and dressed. We then hopped on the old motorbike to go see Pastor Lota's service at the little church run by Rev. Sunit.

We arrived late but I've been told that you are never late if you get there before the collection is made.
I don't know why but Thai parents always want me to hold their kids. I feel like a politician. Usually I scar the kids and they start crying. That may be because I'm almost twice the size of the average Thai person and look pretty scary with all my hair.

It was nice to see Pastor Lota speaking in Thai and then being translated to Akha for some of the member of the congregation.

After church Daeng's family rode over to the new restaurant around the corner. We had driven by the other day and saw it advertised on cable TV, too.

The name of the restaurant is "Coconut Restaurant". I think they picked the name because they have coconut ice cream. Sorry to say the food was terrible and the service was every worse.

The coconut ice cream was average if compared to the ice cream carts that sell ice cream on the road stands.

We had to try it once. The building was fixed nice and will probably be up for sale in a few months.

As we returned to our room we stopped to take a picture of the renovations at the place next door to our hotel called "Monkey Island".

No comments:

Post a Comment