Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mae Sai 05/06/2010 Two quiet days

Yesterday was a holiday in Thailand. Daeng told me it was to celebrate the King being married 60 years. I did a little investigating to find the King was married 60 years on April 28th but the real holiday was he became King in 1950. To read more about the holiday CLICK HERE.

Daeng and I cleaned all day and I painted the florescent light fixtures on the third floor. There are nine inside and three outside on the third floor. I only did the inside ones.

We took the 4" grinder back to Tesco/Lotus and they refunded our money. I'll buy a better one at the tool repair place as that way we know we can get it fixed.

Today, no one showed up to work except the gate man that we talked with yesterday. He came and put two new wheels, two upper rollers, new track and attached the end piece so it will not move. I did not check the latch before he left and he missed welding the guide to the latch. He is just across the street so I don't think we will have any trouble getting him to come back.

You can now open and close the gate with one finger. I need to paint it so it doesn't rust. The gate is a machine gray so I don't think I will have to paint the whole thing.
His charge was 700 THB ($22.00 USD). He probably charged me more than he should have but that's the way it is in Thailand. Farangs (non-Thai's) pay more because most folks think we're rich.

Daeng spent most of the day at the District Land Office as she sold the lot she owns a few miles out of town. She bought it about six years ago and will net about 35 % gain. Nice news is there is no capital gains tax in Thailand.


I think we're going to take it easy the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment