Friday, May 29, 2015

Open Letter to Rev. Sunit - Rumors of Chom-nom at Ban AYO

Dear Rev. Sunit,
    I am sending this note in an open forum as Daeng, my wife, received a very unusual call on May 24th from a lady with the telephone number 081-401-2368. The lady would not give her name but kept telling her that she should not have anything to do with Chom-nom in Ban AYO as he was a liar, a drug dealer and not a Christian.

She also told Daeng that he was telling people he needed money for water and that was not true.  Daeng thinks she recognized her voice as the lady pastor from Ban AYO.  Daeng tried to explain the truth to her but she would not listen.

I called her back and explained that we have been working with Chom-nom in Ban AYO for many years and yes, he had made some mistakes.  

I also explained that we are helping him and as of last Friday he now has water to the water tanks on his property just below the Ban AYO church.  He also has temporary electricity so he can keep building.

The goal is to have a safe place for kids to have food, shelter and a friendly environment for education.

I also asked her why she did not think he was Christian as he has been going to the Ban AYO Church with family members almost every Sunday.

The reason I’m sending this to you is I asked her for her email address twice and she has not given it to me. She won’t even give me her name. I wanted her email address so I could send her all the information and pictures so she could see what Chom-nom is really doing.

I also tried to explain to her that God is a loving God and a forgiving God and it is not God’s way to spread rumors about people that are not true.  I also told her I would pray that God forgive her for doing this as she was uninformed and did not know the truth. 

I again asked her for her email address so I could send her the true story of Chom-nom’s activity.

Now, you can read everything up to his arrest at this link: http://terrysstories.blogspot.com/2011/10/ban-ayo-trip-tears-anger.html

After his confinement, in the 2 ½ years, Daeng and I are the only ones that visited him to make sure he was okay.  We visited him twice and picked him up when he was released. 

You can read more about Chom-nom by clicking on this link: http://terrysstories.blogspot.com/search?q=Chom-nom

You can also see everything on facebook at www.facebook.com/funnyplumber.


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE contact her as she needs to stop this bad talk. It is not what a Christian Pastor should be doing and it further gives her a bad name in the community as the Akha people of Ban AYO and surround area can see what he is doing.  

With God's help, Chom-nom is doing the correct things, one day at a time!
Sincerely,
Terry and Daeng Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment