Friday, April 30, 2010

Mae Sai 04/30/2010 Bad Dreams

I had bad dreams all night. The first dream I remember is being in the new bathroom and it was so dark that I fell down and woke up. I got up, used rest room, ate some pineapple and went back to bed.

It took a while for me to get back to sleep so I watched CNN. Daeng woke up and ask if I was okay. I told her of the dream and she ask me if I wanted to change the color of the tile. I told her I thought the tile color for bathroom was okay, just maybe a little dark.

My next dream was I was in this big pile of clams, snails and broken tile, the same color we had picked for the kitchen tile. The clams were snapping at me and I was getting cut up by the pieces of broken tile. I woke up, and realized I was okay and no blood from the cuts.

I could not get back to sleep so I re-measured everything for the bathroom and kitchen tile. I made some drawings and woke Daeng up about 6:45. I explained my dreams again and that maybe we should go back to tile shop, when they opened, and change the tile colors. She agreed and said she was thinking the same thing as she didn't reilly like the little clam shell in the tile pattern.

We had coffee, jumped on the motorbike and headed top the tile place.

When we arrived there was no one around so we just looked at all the tile again. We came to agreement that we would change the kitchen tile to two different colors. For the bottom cabinets and back splash a reddish-orange brick looking tile then a smaller cream colored tile for the counter top.

The owner helped us out and only charged us 76 THB ($2.38 USD) as we needed one box less of the new tile but it was a little more expensive. I don't know is the word "expensive" is the correct word. He said he would deliver around 10:00 PM.

Oh, when we looked at the tile for the bathroom it was much lighter than in my dream so we stuck with that tile.

We went back to the ranch to find only two men working today. They were putting mortar on the block at the inside of the bathroom. I thought that was to be done when they tiled it. I am not even going to ask, just watch and learn something.

About 10:30 the a small pick-up truck delivered the forth-nine boxes of tile and the ten corner strips. I'm kind of tired so maybe I'll take a little nap.

No nap, just watched CNN a little as the stuff in Bangkok is getting crazy. I'm glad we're not there. I said the same thing about the Watts Riots and the Chicago Riots. I'm also glad I wasn't in Chicago when Mrs. O'Leary's cow kicked over the lantern. I can't remember if that was before or after Lincoln was shot. I think after but I was pretty young then.

Salad came by and we talked about things. I showed him how to run only one waterline for the toilet and toilet spray using a two way valve. He thanked me and I gave him the payment of 10,000 THB that he needed to pay the men and buy more materials.

The rendering on the upstairs wall is almost done. Tomorrow is Thailand's Labor Day and everyone is off except police, firemen, restaurant workers, etc.

We will probably hang out around here and clean, clean, clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment