Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mae Sai 04/13/2010 Songkran

Typical Day in Mae Sai, I think not. We got up about 6:00 AM, had coffee and fruit, jumped on the motorbike to see if we could learn more about an "Air Card" for the Internet.

Everything that does not have something to do with partying or eating is closed. We did find a cellular phone shop open but he said he did not carry the device.

We had some breakfast and then Daeng took me to get my nails done as they were getting too long and breaking. A manicure and pedicure here was 150 THB ($4.50). It was hard to find a shop to get nails done as not many Vietnamese live here. (That's a California joke as most of the nail shops there are Vietnamese owned.)

After the nails, Daeng dropped me off at J&J Mae Sai Internet Cafe so I could catch up on the Internet stuff. Cola at J&J also told me that air cards are pretty slow. He also said my cellular phone would do the same thing. He suggested I call DTAC, my phone provider, and see if they would help me.

Daeng went downstairs and watched the parade. Remember, this is the first day of the holidays.

From the pictures it looks like a big parade. Even the tiger float has a tail soooo long it is supported by rollers so it won't drag on the pavement.

You have seen me write about this water thing. How would you like to be in a parade where the folks watching throw water on you?

Daeng did get into throwing water but she just used a small cup and not a pail.

I spent most of the day here at the Internet cafe. It is almost seven o'clock. I am going to take a baht-bus back to our street and walk the block to our house.
With good luck, maybe I can stay dry. I'll put my net-book in a plastic bag just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment