Friday, March 28, 2014

Broken Glass Door & Medical Research 03-28

We slept late, until 7:10 AM, as last night the glass man came to adjust one of the glass doors that keeps hitting the metal threshold piece.  It was the left hand door. 

To shorten this story, he broke the glass in the door so he had to take the door and replace the glass.  He, at the same time, repaired and adjusted the right hand door. 

He also made a glass top for our new bamboo table. That all kept us up a little late. He felt very bad and only charged us 500 THB, a little less than $16 USD.  That is correct, he replaced the glass in this big glass door on the left and made a glass top for our table for less than $16 USD.  I gave him twice that much and said: "Thank You, Very Much!"

When he left we washed all the glass in that area, showered and went to bed around midnight. 


This morning, after we had some coffee and got around, we hopped on Daeng's motorbike and headed to the hospital clinic for the shots in my knees.  

My blood pressure was a little high, maybe because of all the pretty nurses. I'm just saying.  Check out the nurses eyes watching me. Just click on any picture and it will get bigger. 

They took me into a little treatment room and cleaned up my knees.  Daeng went in with me.  I had to wait on the table for about 20 minutes for the doctor to come in.

I laughed at Daeng as now that she has a smart phone, she plays games, all the time.

The doctor came in and I told him how the doctor in the USA does the shots and he explained that as long as he gets it in the correct area the medicine will flood that area anyway. 

I felt a little pain on the first shot into my left knee but the right shot was just a little prick.  

That is what the doctor said when I had my vasectomy: "A little prick."  I said: "Come on Doc, you don't have to say that, it's cold in here."  He said: "I talking about the shot."


Anyway, so far, so good with the injections.  We waited at the cashier and the bill was within a US dollar of what was quoted last week.  Nice going guys!  Total for these two treatments was $206.05.  

I use my Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card for major item here as Chase has the best exchange rates and on this card there is no foreign exchange fees.  Example of rates: Chase on this transaction is 32.47+ THB per USD. Bangkok Bank best rate (TT) is 32.39 THB per USD this morning.  That doesn't sound like much but you can have lunch for the difference. 

Also, in the USA they only do a series of 3 weeks treatment.  Here, the paperwork with the medicine says up to 5 weeks injections.  

Tomorrow I have the stitch removed from my scalp.  WLT! (We Love Thailand!) 

I'm going to take it easy the rest of today, maybe even a nap!

My note on Obamacare: It looks like when you consider my insurance premiums and my co-pays, I can just pay cash here and still have great medical care for less money.  I'm just saying. 

More research to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment