Saturday, March 22, 2014

While I was Taking a Nap March 22, 2014

While I was taking a nap Daeng put on some black cloths and went to a funeral.  Daeng said she knew the person that passed and she died in her sleep.

Daeng told me she had been in a motorbike accident a few years back and has very been quit right since.  She was only 55 years old.  

Daeng also told me this funeral was a little different than I had been to in the past.  They said some prayer and then loaded the casket on the wood that would be used to burn the body.  

Once the casket is on the wood they open the casket so everyone that wants can say their last good-byes.  the man that handles the cremation washes the person's face with coconut oil and then closes the casket.  

They say another blessing  and light the fire.  

Tomorrow a family member will come by, after the ashes are cool, and pick up some of the ashes for future memories and blessings.

After the fire was light, Daeng came home, changed clothes and went ot a more fun event, "The Miss Teen Mae Sai".  


I guess it is a big deal as it was on the Television News, also. Oh well, I miss all the fun. 

Daeng said all the girls were all very  beautiful and talented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment