Sunday, March 23, 2014

We Worked on the Roof Today March 23, 2014

The bamboo poles that we installed on the roof four years ago, to hold clothes lines to dry clothes for the laundry, have cracked and need replacement.  

The laundry is closed today, Sunday, as the whole family goes to church.  We thought that would be a good day to do the work.  

As for me working on Sunday, I believe the Lord helps the folks that try to help themselves.  Also, if it's okay for the preachers and priests to work on Sunday, it's good enough for me.  I'm just saying.  


I got up around 6:00 AM, had coffee and toast and started carrying all the tools and new screws and fastners to the roof.  I did it in three trips up three flights of stairs. It's good exercise. 

We already had four of the wooden post on the roof, from the other day when they delivered the bamboo chairs and table, so I got to work.  

Daeng joined me around 8:30 AM.  The first four post that we had worked very well.  We talked it over and decided to change all the bamboo posts.  

Daeng went over the the wood guys and bought the six more posts but they would not deliver them today.  I went over with our new pick-up truck and got them.  It's good to have a pick-up.  

We spent the next four hours changing all the posts and installing the galvanized wire that they hang the clothes on.  I had some wire but we needed over 60 meters of wire.  Daeng went to Home Mart and got it.  

I am amazed at some of the costs here.  The wooden posts were a little over $1.00 USD each and the wire was about $3.00 USD.  We used about a dollars worth of new screws and concrete fasteners.  Total project cost around $14.00.  

Daeng and I work really great together, also.  Here is a great selfie of us.  It was done with a ten second timer and I caught her off balance for this great picture. 

Daeng just brought me a plate of brown rice, fried broccoli and two eggs over easy on top.  She also cut up some of the 16 pounds of pineapple that we bought on our road trip a few days ago.  The pineapple is very sweet. 

Thanks, dare ling.  That's a joke as "dare ling", loosely pronounced,  in Thai means "monkey butt".  She called me that for almost tow years before someone told me what it means in translation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment