Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wow, Busy Day and I'm Tired March 30, 2014

I didn't sleep well last night and then woke up at 3:10 AM.  The reason I didn't sleep well is I'm now the bad guy in the family because I told a family member that they need to help out.  She is about six months pregnant, not getting along with her boyfriend, so she has been staying here with us.  All she does is eat and sleep.  She does nothing to help around the house. She just hangs out and eats, that's all. She is also getting very fat.  

Anyway, after asking her to get two cardboard boxes from her Dad and she saying: "I don't want to."  I told her how I feel.  We care about her but we did not make her pregnant.  This should be a happy time for her Dad and Mom but instead she is a burden as she does almost nothing to help out.  Asking her to get two cardboard boxes from her Dad to help us was not asking a lot.  "I don't want to." was not a good response.

Most Thais don't tell you how there really feel, they just stuff it and go on.  Sooo, I'm the bad guy for telling the truth.  

I got dressed at about 4:00 AM and went to the big Mae Sai morning market.  I bought a kilograms of old newspapers for 20 THB (60 US cents) to use while painting and had coffee and Pa Thong Ko at our favorite spot.  They are great folks. We kid them because he is Muslim and she is Buddhist. They have two great kids, also. 

You can see her making coffee in a video on the last half of a story I wrote last year on April 13th, just CLICK HERE.  She always says: "Thank you, thank you very much."

I might also add, he made me what I call a Muslim Taco. It is like a tortilla with a bean paste and a little olive oil on top.  I think they taste very good.   I know, I'm not PC.

I also took a picture of the chicken lady cleaning the heads of the chickens with a tooth brush. She and I both laughed. 

I left the morning market about 6:30 AM but on the way home there was a road block to allow this huge Buddha to be moved on the road.

To show you how large this Buddha is I took a telephoto of the man that is sitting on the shoulder of Buddha.   I think he is lookout for electrical and telephone wires. 

It did not take long for them to clear the intersection and I continued home.  

My goal today is to add some laundry shut off valves for the two washing machines on that side of the laundry area so we can install a free standing sink on the right hand side of the washers.  I unhooked everything and moved them away from the wall.  

I got busy marking and cutting the existing pipes.  I must be back in good graces as I was told to come have breakfast with the family before they went to church.  It was an interesting breakfast with fried chicken and
onions, boiled and then fried eggs, rice, vegetables and ant egg soup.

I wrote a little bit about ant eggs in some other stories. CLICK HERE to read those stories.

In any case, this is what the soup with the ant eggs looks like.  The white part is the ant eggs.  No, I'm not going to say: "Tastes like chicken."

Daeng got up and went to vote. That's correct, vote on a Sunday.  It is a local election and Daeng wanted to vote for the local representative that she knows.  She says she thinks he will help the people of the area, named Moo 8, better than anyone else.

When she got back she made me a cup of coffee and helped me finish the plumbing work.

She also
cleaned out an area in the floor that was broken so we can patch the concrete today, also. 

We work good together.  

I caulked the top of the piping on the wall so it would not collect dirt.  After the caulking cures I will put a coat of paint on the piping.

Daeng and I mixed some concrete up and patched the hole.  I think it looks pretty good for a plumber. 

The caulking needed more time to cure before painting so I put a coat of red oxide primer on the rolling door for this area of the house.  We are going to paint all the metal gates and security doors a red walnut color.  It need two coats of primer before we pain the enamel. 

I then painted the piping the same color it was before and we moved and hooked up the washing machines and tested.  Everything worked correctly with no leaks.  

We still have to buy and install the sink but that's another day.

Tomorrow we are headed to the City of Chiang Mai for some fun and shopping.  


No comments:

Post a Comment